You may have seen them on some Instagram feeds already: the pretty, very well organised story highlights that always seem to perfectly match the aesthetic of the feed. I thought it would be impossible to have these myself, let alone, make this myself. But luckily even the biggest editing noobs – me, hi – can make these highlight covers themselves! Here’s what you do.
- Make or find an background image online to use for the cover. [note: please only use copyright free pics if you’re using an online image]
- Download the app Phonto [Free in the Apple store] or another picture editing app where you can overlay pics onto each other.
- Upload the background image first. You do this by clicking the camera button and selecting your pic.
- Search on google images for the icon you want to use on top of the background. Now, this is important! Find an icon that has a blanc background! For example, search for ‘paint brush logo transparent’. Save the image on your phone.
- Open up Phonto again, click the icon in the bottom left corner, and select ‘add photo’. Select the icon and add it to your background.
- Now you can customize is any way you want! Make it as big or small as you like, or add text (by clicking on the pic and selecting ‘add text’).
And that’s all there is to it! Now you can go and upload your pretty covers to your stories and use them as highlight covers.
I’d love to see the covers you make with this method. If you do, please tag me or send me a DM on my Instagram.
P.S. This is not sponsored in any way, I just really love how easy and pretty the covers are to make with the Phonto app.